The Emeritus College at the University of North Texas is an organization created to provide an extensive range of educational opportunities, travel programs and social activities for adults age 50+.
- Click here to read a full description of the Emeritus College program.
- Click here to see video interviews of members and faculty as well as comments from EC members.
- Click here to read answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ).
- Click here for information regarding on-campus dorm dining.
- Click here for information regarding transportation to UNT via the DCTA A-Train.
- Don't forget to visit and like our facebook page!
How to Become a Member
Class sign-up will begin on July 1. Those who have pre-registered will have first access to class sign-up lists. You can view Fall 2013 class descriptions by clicking here.
- Our registration website allows for you to register as a member, sign up for classes, and pay your membership fee.
- If you have already registered as a member and would like to update your information or add classes, please scroll further down this page to the "Members - Account Information" section for instructions.
- It will be helpful to have the following items on hand when you register: course descriptions, a class calendar, your personal calendar, all of your personal contact information, and a credit card. If you do not wish to pay by credit card, you can still register online and then mail in a check to pay your membership fee.
- A yearly membership ($140 per person) entitles you to attend as many Emeritus classes per semester as you would like. If you register at the reduced, Spring Semester Only rate ($110 per person), you may attend as many classes as you would like from February to May.
- You can also register as a member by printing out this Membership Form and mailing it to us along with your membership fee. Further instructons are listed on the form.
- To sign up for classes through the mail, first complete the membership form above, then check the classes you would like to attend on the Class Sign-Up Form(coming soon) and mail to our office.
Armstrong Browning Library Tour - April 2013 (Photo: Mary Boydston)
Class Information and Documents
Many of these documents are in PDF format. You will need a PDF reader, such as Adobe Reader, to view them.
- Class Descriptions and Faculty Bios (class sign-up will begin on July 1)
- Class Calendar
- Instructor Handouts (coming soon)
Beginning in the summer of 2013, the UNT University Union will be undergoing renovations. As a result, we will be holding classes in new locations until the renovations are completed.
- On Mondays and Wednesdays, we will be offering classes on the UNT campus in Marquis Hall, Room 118 (1511 West Mulberry Street, Denton, TX, 76201).
- For a map and directions to the Marquis Hall location, please click here.
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we will be offering classes in the Robson Ranch Main Clubhouse (9428 Ed Robson Boulevard, Denton, TX, 76207).
- For a map and directions to the Robson Ranch location, please click here.
As always, classes taught by Texas Woman's University faculty will be held on the TWU Denton campus (click here to view the campus map). Please check the course description/class schedule for specific TWU class locations.
As a member, you may sign up for any class that interests you, regardless of where that class is being held. The cost of parking will still be included in your membership fee. You will not need to pay for parking when you arrive to attend class.
- July 1, 2013: Class sign-up begins.
- September 4, 2013: First day of classes.
James R. Miller Scholarships
There are a few partial scholarships available for the coming fall-spring semesters of the Emeritus College. An awarded scholarship is for 50% of the year's membership fee (that is, scholarship recipients will pay only $70 of the $140 fee.)
To apply for a partial scholarship, please complete this form by August 24. Classes begin September 4, and scholarship recipients will be notified by August 30.
Members - Access Your Account Information
All registered Emeritus College members are issued a unique Access Key, which allows you to make changes to your Emeritus College account. Click the link below, then enter your access key to log in. If you need to have your access key sent to you, email or call (940-369-7293) our registrar, Jordan Williams.
- Access Key Login - edit your classes, update your personal information, make credit card payments, and RSVP for special events.
Seniors in Motion
The Seniors in Motion seminars are among our most popular offerings. You can learn more about Seniors in Motion on their website.
Seniors in Motion, Inc. was developed in 2003 by Jean Seward, P.T. as an affordable community service for Denton area seniors. Its purpose is to promote a healthy lifestyle and to prevent or minimize the problems associated with aging. Exercise, education, and safety training form the foundation of their program; they believe strongly in promoting health and well being, and respect the right of all people to stay active and strong. Their mission statement is "Fitness Through Exercise - Wellness Through Education."