UNT Retiree Association (UNTRA)
We're on Facebook!
- Follow our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/UNTRetireeAssociation.
- We post event information, event pictures, and keep our members connected in this social media era!
Here are a few of our social events from this year:
- UNT Retiree Association 5th Annual Fall Brunch - At our annual brunch, all retirees from UNT are invited to learn about our organization while enjoying a wonderful brunch meal and conversing with other retirees.
- Johnny Carino's/UNT Symphony - Members first gathered at Johnny Carino’s for a lovely Italian Dinner, then we left to attend the first UNT Symphony Orchestra concert of the fall semester.
- Oktoberfest - German food, dancing, and much more fun happened at our Oktoberfest event! Members joined the TWU University Club members in experiencing an authentic Oktoberfest with music, games, and great company.
Membership and Dues
Upon retirement from full-time service, all UNT faculty, staff, and their spouses or partners are eligible for UNTRA membership and are encouraged to join and participate in association activities and programs.
Dues are determined annually by the UNTRA Board. For 2014-2015 (September through August) dues are as follows:
- Individual Retiree -- $15.00
- Individual and spouse/partner -- $20.00
- New Retiree -- DUES ARE WAIVED FOR THE YEAR FOLLOWING RETIREMENT
UNTRA is unable to make change for any cash payments.
Retirees may join online, by completing and mailing the downloadable registration form, or by contacting the UNTRA office by e-mail at UNTRA@unt.edu or by phone at 940-565-3482. Dues can be paid online or by mail as part of the registrations process.
** If you need to have your access code sent to you, please email: Jordan.Williams@unt.edu. Access codes remain the same for the entire year.
UNTRA has traditionally sponsored several events during the year. The UNT Advancement Office, the Center for Achievement and Lifelong Learning, and Colleges and Departments are all helpful in cosponsoring events.
Once you have registered as a member, you will be able to use the Member Access Website to sign up for events throughout the year. You will need your member access code to log in to the site. Access codes are the same throughout the year. If you need your access code, please email: Jordan.Williams@unt.edu.
In addition to standard UNT retiree privileges and benefits, UNTRA members are invited to participate in all UNTRA programs and events, to receive updates on benefits and other matters of importance to UNT retirees, and to have representation in various forums of the University.
Standard retiree benefits include:
- One free campus parking permit,
- Free tickets to UNT football and basketball games
- Free auditing of classes (for those over 65 years of age)
- Discounts to arts programs and cultural events
A full description of standard retiree benefits is available on the UNT Policy Manual Web-site at: http://policy.unt.edu/policy/1-3-14
Retiree Access to UNT Email Accounts
For the past several months, UNTRA officers have worked closely with the Provost's Office to make sure that all UNT retirees will be able to have a regular UNT email account just like current UNT employees. We are happy to report that the revised procedures, in the link below, accomplish that and are now in place.
Off-Campus Access To the UNT Libraries' Electronic Databases
In addition to Circulation and Inter Library Loan Services, UNT Retirees now have access to the UNT Libraries' Electronic Databases. Most subscription based Electronic Databases and e-journals will require you to login with your EUID and password. UNT Retirees may need to reactivate their UNT EUID following these easy steps.
UNT Retirees who are having problems with their access to the Libraries' services should contact the Library Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-565-3024).
The UNTRA Bylaws, which were approved in July, 2012, establish a Board, Officers and Committees to conduct the business of the Association. Click here for a list of Bylaws. Below are details about the Board Members and the various committees within UNTRA.
Chair: Dr. Johnny Sue Reynolds
Past-Chair: Dr. Richard Simms
Vice-Chair: Dr. Ed Glick
Secretary: Kay Selby
Treasurer: Vicki Whitmer
Dr. Ken Dickson
Dr. Ed Glick
Dr. Frank Halstead
Dr. Ron Marcello
Dr. Johnny Sue Reynolds
Dr. Ray Sears
Dr. Richard Simms
1. PROGRAMS COMMITTEE: Proposes, plans and conducts programs and events of the Association.
2. MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Recruits new members, helps maintain membership records, and coordinates membership matters.
3. BENEFITS COMMITTEE: Provides liaison with all appropriate UNT offices related to University policies and practices affecting retirees and seeks UNTRA representation on UNT forums where appropriate.
4. NOMINATIONS COMMITTEE: Identifies UNTRA members willing to fill Board positions vacated each year by virtue of expiration-of-term or resignation.
5. COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE: Develops and disseminates information and materials related to UNTRA’s organization, membership, and programs, as well as retiree benefits and privileges, and provides liaison with UNT units managing electronic, telephone, paper and other institutional communication systems.
Committees are each chaired by a member of the Board. Participation on committees is open to and encouraged for all UNTRA members. Members interested in any UNTRA committee may contact any member of the Board or the committee chair.
UNTRA Contact Information
- Telephone - 940.565.3482
- Main Email - UNTRA@unt.edu
- Student Assistant - Maddie Camp (Madelynn.Camp@unt.edu)
UNT Retiree Association
1155 Union Circle #310560
Denton, TX 76203-5017
Woodhill Square Suite #112
1100 Dallas Drive
Denton, TX 76205